Are you looking to streamline inefficiencies and overcome complex challenges in your packaging production in Southeast Asia? Solutions are customised for your supply chain to minimise waste and inefficiencies to help you reach your packaging goals.
We manage packaging for international brands in Asia
Billerud Managed Packaging Service
Operational benefits of our service include:
- Reduced product damage
- Air and freight savings
- Unit cost reduction
- Material reduction
- Improved packaging reuse at distribution centers
- Brand protection
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Improved customer satisfaction
Our packaging solutions are designed to reduce costs, optimise material use and improve the packaging experience for your end users. Find out how our packaging solutions can benefit your organisation.
How high is your product damage rate? What are your sustainability goals? How is your packaging affected by high temperatures and humidity? How do you currently measure the performance of your packaging?
A thorough audit of your packaging and supply chain presents areas for optimisation. Visits to your distribution centers and physical sample examinations give us a clear picture of the packaging in your supply chain. Audits are conducted by a team of packaging experts with knowledge of many different international supply chain models, to create the best solution for you.
Structural designs and materials expertise are key factors in an effective packaging solution. Our international team of structural engineers and packaging designers work to ensure you get the most efficient and cost-effective packaging that meets the needs of your company. We engineer your packaging to withstand different environments, storage conditions and modes of transportation throughout the supply chain.
Your packaging will be optimised through:
- Selecting the right materials
- Lightweighting and right-sizing to reduce material and transport costs
- Designing for print efficiency and production
- Designing for distribution, i.e. fast assembly and cube density optimisation
Need help with your ecommerce packaging?
As an Amazon APASS certified packaging provider, we can develop and supply FFP (Frustration Free Packaging) and SOIC (Ships-In-Own-Container) solutions for your business.'
There are many factors that impact print consistency, from proof approval to finished packaging. Managing the colour process is more complex when you have multiple product lines and many factories across Southeast Asia.
Our international colour management and quality assurance professionals have the technical expertise, production experience and processes to protect your brand integrity and ensure quality over time.
Color management competencies
- Idealliance G7 Master Facility; compliance level: Colorspace
- 10+ years certified in Portland and Shenzhen
- Use X-rite spectrophotometers throughout manufacturing footprint
- In-house color standard definition and management
- Lithographic standard to within 2deltaE CMC
- Flexographic standard to within 3deltaE CMC
A crucial aspect of packaging design and engineering is a thorough understanding of the materials and how they perform under a variety of conditions. Our materials experts ensure your packaging hits the “sweet spot” among performance, efficiency and cost.
Packaging solutions are engineered, tested and manufactured to survive the entire supply chain in its intended condition. Specifications are developed to meet the challenges of your supply chain, and subject to rigorous performance testing in accordance with ISTA and ASTM methods.
We manage our production network to comply and develop in alignment with Billerud Code of Conduct (CoC), international standards, and current regulations.
International testing labs
- Standard Climate
- 4-pt Bending Stiffness
- Tensile Properties
- Button Deflection Trays
- Creep Testing
- Transportation Testing
- Ink Rub
- Ink Color
To mitigate risk, our compliance team continually audits our network to ensure adherence with local laws and corporate social responsibility practices. These measures minimise business disruptions from environmental, social and economic impacts in the region of production.
Managed Packaging Compliance Program
- Verify compliance with local laws and customer’s compliance standards
- Minimise business disruption from environmental, social and economic impacts
- Protect your company’s reputation and brand value
- Meet evolving customer and business partner requirements
- Reduce cost of material inputs, energy and transportation
- Increase labor productivity while creating efficiency across supply chains
Managing suppliers to meet your company's material, printing, colour standard and supply chain goals can be complex. Compliance with international standards and current regulations can also be time-intensive and dynamic. As your single point of contact, we streamline your complex network.
Your brand benefits in the following ways:
- Flexible network of packaging production
- Transparency into package costs
- Technical, quality and operational alignment
- Scheduled business reviews
- Continuous improvement
- Billerud's Code of Conduct
As a sustainability leader in the packaging industry, we believe that business practices matter. All practices and relationships are compliant with the Billerud code of conduct, including:
- Suppliers and vendors
- Sales teams
- Global project managers
- Packaging designers and engineers
- Quality and compliance teams
- Testing labs